OK, I admit it. Trump has defeated me.
While I’ve been able to keep up with pulling articles, filing them has taken a huge hit. Part of it is real world demands, but most of it is the sheer volume of news that Trump generates – I’m guessing a 50-100% jump in the number of articles I pull over what it was before the election hit stride last year. I’m about to hit 50 years in high school forensics, and I’ve never seen anything like this. (The political scientist in me says it’s not a good thing, regardless of your political persuasion.)
There’s no way I’m going to get all of the articles filed in time, so I’ve created a new folder – Unfiled Articles – for the backlog. Keep in mind that I pull articles for other projects besides this one (mostly for a teacher resource blog – my old librarian habits die hard), so there will be a number of articles not related to Forensics. The articles in the folder are current through what I’ve pulled on June 10th, and I’ll update it this week before leaving for Nationals on Saturday.
[I updated the folder late Friday, so it has everything I’ve pulled through June 16th.]
As the Dropfile accout owner, things look a little different for me than for people connecting to it via my links. That said, within the folders for individual months you should be able to click on the ‘Modified’ column at the top of the file list to sort them by date. NYT articles are usually all in caps; WP articles are lower case after the first word.
I don’t know how many people are following this for Nationals prep right now – certainly fewer than those who use this during the school year. As I file articles I’ll update the Unfiled Articles so that they don’t show up in both places.
The Extemp Files were updated this morning, too. I haven’t had a chance to file new articles there since late May, and that was hardly complete. I’ll update the Government and LD-Values folders later today.